Important Notice:The Bleeding Edge forum is now 'read-only' for archival purposes, all content has now been migrated to bbPress. To get started with the new forum you can use your existing phpBB username and password with the new forum URL http://bleedingedge.com.au/forums/

Slow Boot Up Time - Windows 7

The Windows 7 Operating System

Slow Boot Up Time - Windows 7

Postby axistent » Sun Mar 18, 2012 1:08 pm

Hi

I am having slow boot up time on my Windows 7 (Dell Studio 15, Intel i5). I did a boot log via MSCONFIG. Then, I threw the entire log into excel pivot table and it was a bit staggering.

Here are the results below. Is there any way to get rid of these "did not load driver" issues??

Line Description Count
    Did not load driver @cpu.inf,%intelppm.devicedesc%;Intel Processor 456
    Did not load driver @nettun.inf,%isatap.displayname%;Microsoft ISATAP Adapter 416
    Did not load driver @battery.inf,%*compbatt.devicedesc%;Microsoft Composite Battery 122
    Did not load driver @netavpna.inf,%mp-agilevpn-dispname%;WAN Miniport (IKEv2) 120
    Did not load driver @netrasa.inf,%mp-bh-dispname%;WAN Miniport (Network Monitor) 120
    Did not load driver @netrasa.inf,%mp-ip-dispname%;WAN Miniport (IP) 120
    Did not load driver @netrasa.inf,%mp-ipv6-dispname%;WAN Miniport (IPv6) 120
    Did not load driver @netrasa.inf,%mp-l2tp-dispname%;WAN Miniport (L2TP) 120
    Did not load driver @netrasa.inf,%mp-pppoe-dispname%;WAN Miniport (PPPOE) 120
    Did not load driver @netrasa.inf,%mp-pptp-dispname%;WAN Miniport (PPTP) 120
    Did not load driver @netsstpa.inf,%mp-sstp-dispname%;WAN Miniport (SSTP) 120
    Did not load driver @nettun.inf,%6to4mp.displayname%;Microsoft 6to4 Adapter 120
    Did not load driver @nettun.inf,%teredo.displayname%;Microsoft Teredo Tunneling Adapter 120
    Did not load driver @battery.inf,%acpi\acpi0003.devicedesc%;Microsoft AC Adapter 114
    Did not load driver @battery.inf,%acpi\pnp0c0a.devicedesc%;Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery 114
    Did not load driver @oem7.inf,%bcm1520hm8l_devicedesc%;DW1520 Wireless-N WLAN Half-Mini Card 98
    Did not load driver @oem92.inf,%rtl8168d.devicedesc%;Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller 98
    Did not load driver ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5470 45
    Did not load driver @oem2.inf,%st.devicedesc%;IDT High Definition Audio CODEC 18
    Did not load driver @oem74.inf,%hdaudiodevicedescription%;ATI High Definition Audio Device 18
    Did not load driver AFD.SYS 15
    Did not load driver \SystemRoot\System32\Drivers\NDProxy.SYS 8
    Did not load driver @usbvideo.inf,%usbvideo.devicedesc%;USB Video Device 7
    Did not load driver @hal.inf,%acpi_amd64.devicedesc%;ACPI x64-based PC 2
    Did not load driver \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\avgntflt.sys 2
    Did not load driver \SystemRoot\System32\DRIVERS\srv.sys 2
    Did not load driver \SystemRoot\System32\drivers\vga.sys 2
    Did not load driver afw.SYS 2
    Did not load driver avipbb.SYS 2
    Did not load driver blbdrive.SYS 2
    Did not load driver cdrom.SYS 2
    Did not load driver DfsC.SYS 2
    Did not load driver discache.SYS 2
    Did not load driver mssmbios.SYS 2
    Did not load driver NetBIOS.SYS 2
    Did not load driver NetBT.SYS 2
    Did not load driver nsiproxy.SYS 2
    Did not load driver Psched.SYS 2
    Did not load driver rdbss.SYS 2
    Did not load driver RDPCDD.SYS 2
    Did not load driver RDPENCDD.SYS 2
    Did not load driver RDPREFMP.SYS 2
    Did not load driver SandBox.SYS 2
    Did not load driver tdx.SYS 2
    Did not load driver TermDD.SYS 2
    Did not load driver vwififlt.SYS 2
    Did not load driver Wanarpv6.SYS 2
    Did not load driver WfpLwf.SYS 2

axistent
Forum Regular

Re: Slow Boot Up Time - Windows 7

Postby aussieboykie » Mon Mar 19, 2012 8:54 am

This proposed solution is for XP but it may well work for W7 too.

Regards, AB
aussieboykie
Site Admin

Re: Slow Boot Up Time - Windows 7

Postby Stephen » Mon Mar 19, 2012 12:03 pm

Give Soluto a run, I have been using it for a couple of months now and currently only using it to be speed up my boot time with Windows 7.

I have gone from 6:25 boot time to 3:04 and so far I have really only changed the 'safe' reccomendations of Windows & Application Services to from 'Startup' to 'Delayed' I am quite sure I could get even more if I uninstalled a heap of rubbish that I dont use anymore.

Have a look at the Getting Started Guide (Windows 7 or Windows 8)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Soluto#Features
The Soluto dashboard has 6 sections, divided into categories of technical information that the user can see and remote actions the user can initiate:
  • Frustrations: view information about non-responsive applications, recent application crashes, possible causes for crashes, and crash solutions.
  • Apps: view a list of applications that have available updates and start the updates. View a list of applications that can be remotely downloaded and installed on the PC, and start the downloads.
  • Background Apps: view the list of applications that start when the computer boots up, descriptions of the applications, and recommended actions based on the actions taken by other Soluto users. Remove applications from boot up or set applications to launch shortly after boot up.
  • Internet: select or install a default browser, set the homepage, and change the default search engine. View enabled toolbars and add-ons, descriptions of them, and whether Soluto recommends the item be disabled. Disable toolbars and add-ons.
  • Protection: turn on the PC’s firewall, view or install antivirus software, and install Windows updates.
  • Hardware: View technical info about the PC’s hardware, including available memory and battery health. Defrag the hard drives.
Cheers, Stephen
---------
Bleeding Edge... Not if, but when!
Always lurking, and you can always email me or find me on Twitter or Google+
(I no longer I have a Facebook account, I deleted it 31st May 2010)
Stephen
Site Admin

Return to Windows 7